We have, over the years, put together a great collection of Maria's work. She was an icon and a role model for so many Pueblo potters. Anyone who is a serious, or even casual pottery collector, should have one of Maria's pieces. She was a gentle, talented woman who was happy to share her work with the world. She did not have a particularly happy life. She lost her husband early on, her son died at a young age and her grandson, Tony Da, probably the most talented potter in the family, had a motorcycle accident that seriously affected him, ending his pottery career. He died soon after that.Read More
Wednesday, May 17, 2017 10:51 AM
- Coral and Turquoise Necklace
- Charlie Daniels. Yes. That Charlie Daniels
- In 1938 Sallie Lippincott Moved to the Navajo Reservation. She Left her Mark!
- Works by Fritz Scholder, American Artist (1937 - 2005)
- Peter Ray James Returns to Painting
- Some People Don’t Like Snakes, but they have made this woman famous!
- Laverne Barber is Back, Better than Ever!
- This Silversmith Does It All!
- Rocks, Gems, Fossils, Jewelry and more in Denver this weekend!
- Old Rugs (Almost) Never Die!
- New for Indian Market at Toh-Atin Gallery’s show this Week!
- Santa Fe's Indian Market Week and What We Bring to the Party!
- Two Wonderful Yeibichai Weavings
- Mesa Verde: Saving a National Treasure
- Navajo Rug Sale and Silent Auction - Salt Lake CIty
- Maria and Julian Plates
- Maria Martinez, The Potter of San Ildefonso
- Shonto Begay, Painting Navajo Life and Making it Universal
- Spring Gallery Walk Friday May 12
- Annual Navajo Rug Auction in Oklahoma City April 21-22, 2017
- Ben Nighthorse: Memories and Unique Jewelry
- The Story of Willie Yazzie, World Class Navajo Silversmith
- Historic Bandolier Bags and a Belt from the Ojibwe
- "The Return of The Raven"
- Works of a Master Potter from Santa Clara Teresita Naranjo, “Apple Blossom"
- Transitional Period Weavings
- Noel All Day - All Night!
- We Are Proud to Announce The Launch of our New Web Site!
- Window on the Ancient World
- 31st Annual Navajo Rug Sale & Silent Auction